The United States will continue to support Ukraine in overcoming the consequences of the conflict and developing the world in Donbas.
Ministry of Temporarily Occupied Territories and IDPs acted as the beneficiary of the Democratic Governance in Eastern Ukraine project with the support of USAID for a total amount of $ 57 million, the ministry's press service reports.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) chose the contractor for the project «Chemonics International Inc.», who has been working in eastern Ukraine for several years and have positive developments in the implementation of previous projects funded by the United States Federal Government.
In general, the program provides:
- the development of new social groups among young people with the financial support of micro-projects;
- informing the public about success stories;
- support of the newly created «business associations»;
- working with the media to inform the public about key reforms in Ukraine, the European vector of the movement of Ukraine, as well as to consolidate efforts aimed at combating the propaganda of the Russian Federation;
- technical assistance to communities using transparent procurement procedures;
- supporting the development of public educational initiatives;
- the creation of online networks of professional journalists to expose propaganda and false news;
- organization of cultural events and festivals;
- maintaining links of Ukrainian specialists and students with colleagues from other regions of Ukraine;
- improving the provision of administrative and social services to Ukrainians living in temporarily occupied territories, as well as to vulnerable groups of the population;
- support for advocacy campaigns aimed at protecting the rights of internally displaced persons.
The project is designed for 5 years (until 2023) and will be implemented in the Donetsk and Lugansk regions with the possibility of attracting other areas affected by the conflict.